Save Money in your Business by Strategizing your Packaging System
Have you ever experienced an online product where you had to cut various tapes and remove plenty of papers and bubble wrap to get hold of a small item. There are various online shopping sites where you can get various products in different ranges. However, whenever you try to purchase an item the first thing that you come across is the reviews of all consumers. Research says, that most consumers have been disappointed not because of the product quality, but because of the packaging style. Either the package was too tiring to open or it was very shabby which damaged the product.
No matter how loyal you are to your customer, even return policy can be disgusting because no customer wants a product keeping in mind that they have to return it back. Moreover, if your packaging was not at par, then returning the product in same package can also become a headache. Hence, what I’m trying to tell you is that your packaging plays an important role in delivering huge customers satisfaction.
A good, reputed and loyal company pays extra attention to packaging, but if you’re a beginner, then you can’t waste a lot of money on packaging. Hence, you should be calculative while spending money on boxes. Here are few things to know how custom boxes will save you money –
- While dealing with online business, you should always keep the freight service in loop so that you know their charges of shipping products accordingly. Nowadays, cargo services charge depending upon the weight of the packaged item therefore, if you wish to deliver an item, do discuss the right method of packing the goods with cargo service so that you don’t have to pay extra to them.
- Single box might sound sufficient, but there are climatic conditions that are unpredictable, hence you should be extra cautious while packing items.
- Provide proper space to all items in a box and cushion them properly so that fragile items don’t break. This doesn’t mean that you will arrange a huge container and stuff it with air and plastics, but a proper size box with proper compartments is sufficient.
- Pack it like a professional so that corners of container are also sealed with tape. However, don’t pack it in such a way that your customer isn’t able to open it even with a pair of scissors.
- With packaging, branding and labeling is also important so that it reaches to the right place. Hence, your brand name should appear on the package including the name and address of the customer should be displayed properly and clearly.
These minute changes in your packaging system can help you save money because proper packaging will not damage your product which means no extra spending on return shipping.