7 Simple Tips For Promoting Your Small Business Online
The whole process of marketing a small business can be complicated. As the owner, you might not have the resources to hire an experienced marketing firm for the job, and that’s okay, at least for the first few months. In this post, we have enlisted 7 tips that will help in promoting your small business, without spending a huge amount.
- Start blogging. Content is king- That’s a statement most SEO experts swear by. Blogging is an effective way to share relevant information with your customers, prospective clients, and everyone else. You will find many portals and websites that offer free resources for bloggers, and setting up a blog is easy too.
- Go social. Social media marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. Instead of placing ads, start the process of branding by maintaining social presence. Create accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Pinterest, and LinkedIn to name a few, and make sure you are online every day, if possible.
- Get a new website. Well, this is one investment that you cannot skip. If you are starting a new online marketing campaign, you have to check if your website is performing well. Most web development companies will be happy to offer a free website audit, and you just need to pay a fixed price for the entire work.
- Claim your listings. Customers often check for local businesses online, and you have to claim your listings on Google and Bing. Online presence is relevant when people can find your website and company as they look for relevant keywords.
- Ask for reviews. If you have a website, you can ask your customers to send feedback and honest reviews, which can be used for promoting your business further. Also, encourage your regular customers to write reviews on third party sites.
- Try video marketing. Contrary to what many people believe, video marketing is not expensive. You will find agencies that can produce a series for your business for an effective onetime cost. Just ask for packages and get at least four to five videos, which can be posted after regular intervals. If done right, viral videos can create an instant impact.
- Do SEO. If you don’t have the money for paid marketing, do try search engine optimization. There are many SEO experts, who can complete the job for a fixed monthly charge, and there are things you can learn at a personal level, as well.
Check online for resources now!